Chocolate and peanut butter, one of life’s perfect combinations. I can’t get enough of the savory, sweet duo!
Our family loves anything chocolate-peanut butter! So when I asked my husband what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday, I wasn’t surprised when he asked for something, you guessed it, with chocolate and peanut butter. I wanted to do something different than a typical chocolate box cake, so I came up with this delicious Flourless Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake.
This cake is rich, velvety and the perfect balance of chocolate and peanut butter. I served it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it was a big hit! Let’s just say that this cake didn’t last long in our house. I have already had requests to make it again! It’s so easy to make and a great recipe for the kids to help with.
What you’ll need to make the cake:
- 16 Ounces Dark Chocolate Chips
- 8 Eggs, Cold
- 1 Cup Butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
What to do:
- Adjust one oven rack to lowest position and one to the middle position. Preheat oven to 325°.
- Prep 8 inch springform pan by greasing bottom and sides. Be sure to grease well!
- Place a large baking pan on the bottom oven rack.
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to a boil on the stove. (This will be used as a water bath and will help prevent the cake from cracking.)
- While the water is boiling add the eggs to a bowl and beat the eggs on high-speed until the volume doubles.
Melt the Chocolate, butter and peanut butter in large microwave dish. Stir every 30 seconds until melted.
Add 1/3 of the eggs to the melted chocolate. Fold eggs into the chocolate until no longer visible.
Pour in half of the remaining eggs and fold. Then pour in the last half and fold until completely blended.
Pour the batter into your prepared springform pan and smooth top. Pour boiling water into baking pan on lower rack of oven and place springform pan on middle rack. Bake for 25 minutes until the edges begin to set and a glazed crust has formed on the surface, similar to a brownie.
Once you have reached your desired cook time, turn off the oven and open the door a few inches. Let cake sit in oven for 10 minutes to slightly cool. Remove cake from oven, place on cooling rack and cool until cake reaches room temperature. Cover and refrigerate until cake is completely chilled.
What you’ll need for the Chocolate Peanut Butter Ganache:
- 1/3 Cup Heavy Cream (I used coconut creamer)
- 1/2 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1/3 Cup Creamy Peanut Butter
What to do:
- Heat chocolate and cream in microwavable bowl, stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted. Mix well.
- Scoop peanut butter into small dish and heat in the microwave until slightly melted. Pour peanut butter into large ziplock bag, and then use scissors to cut off a small corner. Set aside.
Pour the chocolate over chilled cake and smooth with rubber spatula.
Pipe the peanut butter onto cake. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look pretty. (mine sure didn’t!)
Using the tip of a knife, gently drag it through the peanut butter in circles to make pretty swirls. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to set.
Once ready to serve, slice and heat each piece for 5-10 seconds in the microwave to soften. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Seriously delicious. Enjoy!
Live, Laugh, Love,