Since Valentine’s Day is next week, I decided to share my favorite cake pop recipe with you! Cake pops are fun and easy to make. They’re great to serve at parties or hand out as little gifts. Make these fun treats for the kids class party or to hand out as Valentines. Either way they’ll be a hit!
- Any box cake mix (We like to use chocolate!)
- 1 Container Frosting of your choice
- White or Colored Dipping Chocolate (This can be found at craft and cooking stores)
- Cake Pop Sticks
- Sprinkles (Or whatever you want to use to decorate)
- Styrofoam holder to hold cake pops while drying (I got a square piece of Styrofoam at the craft store for $2)
How To Make Cake Pops:
- Bake cake as directed. (If making a chocolate cake add 1 TBL instant coffee or 1/2 tsp cinnamon to enhance chocolate flavor.)
- Let Cake cool completely.
- In a large bowl crumble cake until it resembles fine crumbs. (Works best if you crumble with your hands. This is a fun step for the kids to help with!)
- Add 1/2 of your frosting and work into cake crumbs with your hands. Continue to add small amounts of frosting until you get to desired consistency. (I ended up using about 3/4 the container which turned out perfect!)
- Roll balls and set in single layer on plate or wax paper.
- Melt a small amount of white chocolate into a bowl.
- Dip the tip of the cake pop stick into the white chocolate and insert about half way into the cake ball.
- Stick in Styrofoam holder working your way from middle of holder out.
- Freeze for 20 minutes.
- Set up all decorating supplies. It’s easiest to pour any sprinkles into small bowls
- Melt white and or colored chocolate. Make sure you have enough to completely submerge the entire cake pop.
- Remove cake pops from freezer.
- Carefully dip cake pop into chocolate until completely covered.
- Let excess chocolate drip off. Swirl and tap gently if needed.
- Immediately add the sprinkles while the chocolate is still wet. It will harden quickly.
- Place back in styrofoam holder, once again working from middle out.
- Once all the cake pops are decorated place in freezer for 10 minutes to help set.
- Store in single layer in an air tight container or cover with a clear treat bag and tie off with a ribbon.
Live, Laugh, Love,