This post, as with any KnowMom! post, may contain affiliate links. (But don’t worry, I’ll spend the money on important things like, edible 24K gold shavings to put over my daughters’ ice cream.)
Hi Friends! Hope you’re having a great week! It’s been super hot here and I’m over the heat. This week was mostly spent playing in the water. From pools to slip n slides, we’ve been trying to find ways to keep cool! It’s kinda miserable when it’s this hot. The girls get extra cranky, heck, I even get cranky. Let’s just say, it’s a really fun time in our house right now.
Anyone else looking forward to the weekend? I sure am! We’re doing some fun things with friends and family. Do you guys have concert in the park where you live? If so, do you go? We love going and try to go as many times as we can each summer. It’s fun to get some friends together, bring some food and drinks (wine of course), listen to some great music and enjoy being outside. The kids love it too. Dancing is one of our favorite things to do and luckily we have a group of friends who love to dance! The rest of the weekend will be spent in the pool and at the beach. Water, water, and more water. Anything to keep cool!
Since this week has been spent figuring out ways to beat the heat, I’m sharing all my favorite things to keep cool.Looking for ways to beat the heat? Check my favorite things list for ways to keep cool. Click To Tweet
Here is this weeks list of my favorite things:
- A great way to cool the kids down is with popsicles! Who doesn’t love an ice cold popsicle on a hot day? I’m just not a huge fan of the high fructose corn syrup and dyes found in a lot of the popsicles. I tried to limit the amount of popsicles my girls had until I came across Outshine Fruit & Veggie Bars. They are non GMO, and made without high fructose corn syrup or dyes. My girls love them and so do I!
- We have been having so much fun with our Slip N Slide! It took a few times before our big girl got the hang of it. But now she is a pro and can slide on that thing for hours!
- A cold glass of Chardonnay! My favorite everyday drinking Chardonnay is La Crema. Rich, buttery with a hint of oak. So yummy!
- Our water rocket has been used everyday this week. It’s so easy to throw out on the lawn and provides hours of water fun!
- Our large umbrella has been a life saver! Whether we’re at the beach or at the park, it’s been so great to have. We bought it at Target and love it! It’s easy to put up/take down and is lightweight which makes it easy to carry around.
- I am obsessed with Bobby Flay’s Sangria recipe! So good to sip on at a BBQ or hangout by the pool.
- Since I’m telling you all my favorite ways to stay cool, here is a link to my list of 10 Best Water Toys for Summer. These toys are sure to be a hit!
There it is folks. If you enjoyed this listed and missed last weeks, you can catch it here. Hope your weekend is full of happy moments. Enjoy your time with family and friends and I’ll catch you for next weeks Few Of My Favorite Things post.
Live, Laugh, Love,