This post, as with any KnowMom! post, may contain affiliate links. (Don’t worry I’m going to spend the money on important things like unicorn rides and wine.)
Hey guys! Is it seriously Thursday already? I swear, ever since becoming a Mom, I fell into this alternate universe where time goes by twice as fast. It’s crazy!
This week we celebrated my husbands birthday and have been getting ready for our weekend get away. We are looking forward to heading up to Los Angeles, and spending time with some family and friends that we haven’t seen in a while. It’s always nice to take a quick trip to rejuvenate. Especially when we get to spend time in our old stomping grounds! We love to show the girls where we used to live, our favorite restaurants and places we used to take our oldest when she was a baby.
This time we are meeting up with some friends in Venice, at the spot my husband grew up surfing. We spent a lot of time there prior to having kids and moving. I’m looking forward to watching the girls play in the sand and watching my husband teach our oldest to surf! It’s going to be a fun little trip! Now to finish packing…
Make it a great day! It’s almost the weekend…Woohoo!
Here is this weeks list of my favorite things:
- I’m always being asked about tablets. Do the girls have one and what are your rules for screen time, are the most commonly asked questions. Although I won’t get into screen time rules, I will tell you that both of my girls have a Fire Kids Edition Tablet. They got them for Christmas last year and love them!
- I love to shop for the girls at Crazy 8 and this week they are having a BIG sale! Up to 60% OFF on all regular priced items. Get a head start on back to school clothes!
- If your family is anything like ours, bedtime is always tough. This post from Her View From Home really opened my eyes. It’s all about connecting with your kids before bed instead of getting frustrated with them for not going to sleep. It’s a great read!
- Whether you are going on a long road trip or a quick trip to the store, the Critter Piller Kids neck pillow is a must have. I hate seeing my girls heads hanging down and looking so uncomfortable when they fall asleep in their car seats. These kids neck pillows are super cute and keep their sweet little heads in place.
- I am obsessed with Jergens Natural Glow! During the summer months and any time I want a little color, I use this lotion to get the most natural looking tan. I owned a spray tan business in my early twenties (yes you read that correctly. Ha!) and I always recommended this to my clients to keep their tan looking good. To this day, I use it regularly and love it!
- The girls have been playing a lot of board games lately, and our new family favorite is, Disney Jr. SurPrise Slides. It’s easy to learn how to play and a lot of fun!
- While cleaning up the playroom, the girls came across some books we haven’t read in a while. Little Blue Truck was one of the books we rediscovered and we’ve had to read it multiple times since. It’s one of my favorites to read! It’s really cute and has a great message!
Well there you have it, this weeks list of my favorite things. If you missed last weeks list, don’t worry. You can find it here.
Have a great weekend friends!
Live, Laugh, Love,